Tips and Tricks
Work with any level
1) Never take control of the keyboard. If you need to model the steps by using the students keyboard, put the computer back where it was after modeling so the student can try it out.
2) Try to always have students work in pairs or small groups (depending on your situation). Even when typing a composition, work is enhanced when there is a partner working along.
3) Allow students freedom to make mistakes. We learn best by mistakes.
4) Don't over correct student work.
5) Don't expect everyone to work at the same pace and speed. Allow students to work on different projects at the same time.
6) Arrange your projects or assignments to spiral.For example, have students work with only one search engine. After they can work with one search engine, others can be introduced.